Latest Disney Trip: Flower and Garden Festival 2017

Monday, May 22, 2017



So this post is a bit late
But my last trip to Disney at the end of March/ Beginning of April I was able to experience a lot of firsts, which is rare even for me.
 
It was the Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT
Which I've been to a thousand times
But this time I tried something new: The lavender lemonade.
And yes, its pretty amazing, even sans-booze. 
 





 
Top & Leggings from Pretty Little Monograms
 
My family and I also did the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour this time
Its a little over half a day (5 hours) and you can tour around the park finding out information you didn't know (like that the drop in Pirates of the Caribbean is because they didn't plan on having the ride but due to high demand were forced to build it and the only way to make it fit is to DROP UNDER THE RAILROAD).
 
We were even able to skip in line on a couple rides including Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion.
 
Fun Fact: The Jungle Cruise was meant to be informative, however one skipper was making sarcastic jokes and bad puns and he became so popular that people waiting in line for hours just to end up on his boat. When Walt heard about it he wanted to see what all the fuss was about and road on his boat too... he loved it so much he changed the entire ride!
 
 
The tour also takes you behind the scenes to underground parts.
Ever wonder where all that trash goes or what the tunnels under the park look like?
If you have a chance and some extra time on your vacation I highly suggest this tour.
We had Jocelyn as a tour guide and I can't speak highly enough about her and her knowledge of Disney in general.
 
The next new thing I was able to do was get a reservation at the California Grille to watch the fireworks.
 
 
They have a viewing area that has amazing views.
I must admit the fireworks aren't centered over the castle like if you were on Main Street which isn't the best but it was a cool experience, and also my last viewing of Wishes...
Excuse me while I go cry
 
I'm not sure you've heard about this yet but the latest photo opportunity is in my FAVORITE part of Magic Kingdom: Rapunzel's bathroom/rest area
 
 
My brother even joined in for a couple shots!
I think the photographer thought we were together and tried to make us stare into each others eyes...
 
 
Look at those lanterns! Ahh!
Obviously you have to wait until dark for this one, but that's also a magical time to be in the parks.
This was done for a special DVC event when I was there for the half and they brought it back!
I will probably wait in line hours for this every time I go.
Sorry not sorry.
 
 
As of now I don't have any plans to go to Disney until the HALF in 2018!
I'm addicted to RunDisney events now and thus I am starting to do some training to keep myself in shape for the next run.
Because of this, I plan to start sharing more of my favorite recipes and workout videos in the future!
 
Until then, have a magical week.
 
xo, Kasi
 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts