Seeing St. Lucia with Real St. Lucia Tours

Saturday, August 05, 2017


Robert and I went to St. Lucia for his birthday and our 4 year anniversary. 

It was by far my favorite trip we've ever taken and I cannot recommend this island more! 
For his birthday I wanted to do something special so I booked  private tour with Real St. Lucia Tours.
It was easy to book and we were able to pay the day of pick up! 
The tours are totally customizable.
Our tour guide, Gideon, did such an amazing job suggesting sites based on our other itinerary (we had booked a snorkel and sail trip for another day).

We started with a hike for some pretty amazing Piton views:



He took us to this scenic overlook to take a look at Soufriere

Our next stop was the hot springs:


The French had installed these baths next to the hot spring.
Apparently the park is planning on restoring them! 




Apparently they used to let you walk around where all the steam is coming up, until one of the workers stepped on unstable ground and fell into a giant hole and suffered severe burns. He lived but apparently doesn't do tours anymore or visit the park.

Our next stop was the mud pits. It's not what you would think - you first get into a hot springs bath to open up your pores then you get out and put more mud on you, let it dry and then get back in the hot springs bath to wash it all off. 

Let me just say that I had a sunburn by this time and it was super painful. But my skin has never felt so soft as it did after the bath. A scar on my toe disappeared within a day and I didn't peel nearly as much as I probably should have. I say its the mineral hot springs volcanic mud bath for sure! 


 
 

We skipped the line to the showers and we were driven straight to the waterfalls

    


Next Stop: the Botanical Gardens
They were so beautiful! 
I can't speak highly enough of this stop!















 



There was a waterfall at the gardens too but you couldn't get under it!








After the Botanical Gardens we took a quick pit stop in a banana grove/ plantation whatever they are called and learned more about how they grow and how they park picked.
It was actually pretty fascinating.

After this we headed to a restaurant for some local cuisine
If you're ever in St. Lucia head to Fedo's for some delicious local cuisine.




This was literally the best chicken I have ever had.
Plantains and green bananas were also a St. Lucian staple to meals that I really enjoyed.

After lunch we drove a little farther out to get another view of the Pitons:



We were then driven to a small beach back in Soufriere
No one else was there and we got to swim around between the pitons until we were ready to leave.



We were then driven back to the resort (more on that later).


I highly recommend Real St. Lucia Tours!
It was a private tour for the entire day and it was cheaper than the group tour offered through our resort! 
It wasn't my birthday but I think it was a pretty epic birthday for Robert!
I wish I could go back tomorrow!

Xo, Kasi

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Amazing selection of location to visit, this is a very informative blog for anyone wishing to visit St Lucia. We appreciate your work here on sight seeing tours in St. Lucia.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts