Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015

Wednesday, September 30, 2015


I was lucky enough to call Orlando, FL home for a summer
And since then, I've been lucky enough to vacation there a couple times a year
This particular trip was different because I was visiting my friend, instead of traveling with family.
It was also different because I got to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP).
 
I can honestly say it is my new favorite thing to do ever.
I love the international food and wine festival,
and the fact that these two intersect just makes me love MNSSHP more.
 
MNSSHP is a ticketed event, that is on top of normal park tickets.
The party starts at 7, at which point the park closes to everyone else.
People are dressed up and some rides are still open (hello shorter lines)
And you can trick-or-treat in the Magic Kingdom.
 
They put out special pumpkin Mickey's at the entrance too:

 


I dressed as Anna from Frozen
 
 
And a little girl thought I was the real one (best night ever)


Main street is fantastically spooky...


There are pumpkins EVERYWHERE

 
And there are even special spooky balloons
 

 
Pumpkin Mickey lanterns light the way for trick or treating.
The lines seem long but they move super fast
And if you go at the end of the night they give you more candy!
 


There is a very special firework show called "Hallowishes"



 
And then the castle transforms again for the Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular
 





 
There are decorations all throughout the park too


 There's even a Mickey's "Boo to You" Halloween parade.
Because of the rain the headless horseman didn't run through the streets, but he normally does, so show up early.
 
You can also collect your fair share of event merchandising
Like my personal favorite "Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular" t-shirt
 
 
And there are plenty of specialty food items like
Candy Corn Cotton Candy
Candy Corn Ice Cream
Spooky Candy and Caramel apples
Specialty drinks in a collectors apple mug
... the list goes on.
 
Basically it was an amazing time
and I'm already trying to swing going next year with my husband!
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts