That Time We Threw My Wedding Again... For a Good Cause!

Monday, September 15, 2014


 On July 13th, 2013 after 14 months of planning and a summer of DIY crafts, I got married on my in-law's property. 
It was hot, it rained, and it was the best day (my wedding shown below)


14 months to the day we had my wedding all over...
We had made and bought so much that we were able to just throw it again
This time instead of my wedding, we threw a benefit for Promise Place.

Promise Place is a non profit agency that provides therapy for sexual assault victims.  

We were able to rent the same tent, and use most of the decorations:

 

The Food was phenomenal: 


I finally got to try the appetizers I never ate at my wedding
and I got to help make them this time, the ladies who made mine were there helping for this event and told me it was karma


There were amazing bands that played into the night
And the turn out on a rainy saturday was unbelievable:


Overall the event raised over $50,000
And I also gained a new appreciation for how much work went into the day of my wedding.
We are pretty sure we will be hosting it again next year!
Can't wait to have my wedding again for such a great cause! 


Photo credits to Open Aperture Photography (top) and Tracey Fidanzato (others)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts