Kitchen Cabinet Update

Sunday, August 03, 2014

A while ago I did THIS post on my kitchen cabinet renovations.
At first, everything was lovely.
But then, slowly, my cabinets started yellowing.
It looked like the color yellow people's teeth turn 
(when they drink too much coffee and smoke too many cigarettes)

Its not as obvious at first but you can definitely see the strokes made from the polyurethane

You can tell the most when I laid an old cabinet out next to one I covered with primer

This is the primer I used to cover the cabinets
I LIGHTLY sanded the polyurethane and then used this oil based primer to cover

And also had to live with this hot mess of a kitchen:

You never know how much crap you have until its all out in the open…

Unlike last time where my whole house was a work in progress,
I had to limit how many doors I redid at a time.
I painted the part of the cabinets shown in the photo above first
Then maybe 4-6 cabinets at a time.

We opted not to use the glaze this time, since it required a protective top coat.
Luckily Robert thought we would need two gallons of paint the first time
So we had enough left over (more than enough) to repaint them with the original paint 

Ta-DA (again)!

Until next time,

You Might Also Like


Popular Posts