Matthews, NC: Royal Cafe & Creperie

Monday, May 16, 2016

We went to a wedding in Charlotte, NC this weekend
And I got basically zero pictures.
The church was stunning and I even wore one of my favorite dresses
And this blurry picture is the only proof that I was even there:
 
Dress: Byron Lars for Anthropologie
 
We stayed in Matthews, NC (right outside of Charlotte).
We thought we'd get breakfast, and instead of trucking back to Charlotte we'd check out what Matthews had to offer.
We used the Trip Advisor app and found a couple places that looked amazing
But me being partial to crepes chose
 
It's in this darling area of Matthews with other small shops and restaurants.
It's pretty small and there are maybe 8 tables in the whole place.
Even their menu is plain:
 
 
Nothing to prepare me for the deliciousness that was about to ensue.
Instead of my normal latte, I ordered their house blend coffee
It did not disappoint.
 
 
I ordered the "Hamster" crepe which was egg, cheddar cheese, ham, and bacon.
Robert got the "El Rancho" crepe which had egg, cheddar cheese, Colby jack cheese blend, balck beans, sweet red onions, sour cream, and salsa!
Did I get a picture? No. I devoured that thing so fast I didn't even think about it!
 
I also really wished we could have ordered a dessert crepe but they were so big/ we were so full and there were already people waiting for tables at this point so we decided to hit the road!
Maybe next time Matthews!
 
xo, Kasi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts