Mothers Day Weekend in Beaufort, NC

Friday, May 27, 2016














My mom and step-dad own a house in Beaufort, NC so I spend a lot of time there.
It doesn't seem to matter how often I go, I'm always discovering new places.
This mother's day was also my step-dad's 60th birthday.
In honor of that we went to a restaurant called Aqua, nestled in a side street of downtown Beaufort.
 
 
My brother was able to join us for the occasion, along with my husband, of course.
 










Top: Lilly Pulitzer Elsa (Similar)
 
Their cocktail menu doesn't disappoint!
I got the sugar cookie martini (pictured on the bottom).
 
 
They serve Tapas, Small Plates, and Big Plates but even the smaller dishes are more than satisfying!
I ordered a Caesar salad (with their AMAZING homemade anchovy tapenade)
and the Crab and Pineapple Napoleon
(lump blue crab, grilled pineapple, pimento cheese, kiwi-pineapple gastrique, summer greens).
I'm really having a hard time not going back for it on my next trip.
 
Beaufort, NC also has a taxi service that's amazing called Carteret Cab Company!
We use them every time we are celebrating in downtown Beaufort.
 
We woke up to a beautiful day.
This is mom's back yard.
Ever since moving to Raleigh, I've really missed the abundance of water I grew up around...
 
 
A beautiful day calls for a day on the water!
 
 
 
Suit: Mara Hoffman Lattice Maillot One Piece Swim Suit (Different Print, Different Print)
 
Can we just talk about how obsessed I am with this Mara Hoffman suit (made famous by Mindy Kaling)
Too bad I can't wear it every time I go to the beach!
 
 

 
 
 
My husband went back to see his mom and my step-dad had to go back to tend to his business
So mom and my brother and I went to Queen Anne's Revenge and had pizza!
This was our view as we were leaving.
 
 
Another favorite of mine for pizza is No Name Pizza & Subs!
 
 
I took Monday off too so the next morning mom and I took a walk around her neighborhood.
 
 
We went to my favorite beach access in Atlantic Beach for the rest of the day.
I'd tell you exactly where it is, but then I'd have to kill you...
 
 
 
 
 
Overall it was a nice and relaxing couple of days.
 
How did you spend mother's day?
 
xo, Kasi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts