Slacking In September

Thursday, September 26, 2013

I have been the biggest slacker in the world
I haven't written a post since Labor Day Weekend
And I have no good excuse.
Life has just gotten in the way,
School has gotten super busy,
And I'm learning how to balance work, school, and marriage.

The budget 
we are trying to implement for the sake of our savings account
means that we don't always have a LOT of groceries
Meaning that when I rely on the fact that I have a whole box of Eggo waffles
only to discover my husband has eaten them all
I get irritated.
Insert any word into "eggo waffle" and this is my life now.
I guess going on a budget makes him think he will starve to death
So he eats EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.
So when I woke up this morning and had no waffles for breakfast
Or much of anything else
I decided to make a recipe I found on Pinterest.
I already had all the ingredients so it worked out.

Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins


Mix together the muffin ingredients.
The recipe recommends using a kitchen aid mixer.
It also recommends mixing in a specific way...
I plopped it all into my kitchen aid and mixed it all at once.
Turned out fine.

I used a regular muffin tin and split the muffin mix into 12 cups.
I did not line the muffin tin.

Then I mixed together the filling ingredients (minus the nuts).
And plopped it on top.
The recipe suggests you swirl it or something
But I liked the ones at Starbucks with the big glob of filling on top
So I just plopped it on top and put it in the oven (350 for 25-30 minutes).


Ta-Da!

They were really delicious!
I recommend this recipe to anyone who loves pumpkin.
You could easily make it skinner by reducing the sugar, using reduced fat cream cheese, and using less sugar or a sugar substitute in the muffins and the filling.
But they're delicious in the "chunky" version too.

Happy Fall Ya'll


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i am gonna have to try this one out! love anything pumpkin :) you are darling!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts