Boring

Thursday, November 21, 2013

I knew marriage wouldn't be different just because of a sheet of paper
But sometimes I just want to be dated, treated like we are still just dating.
Like theres still something to lose.
As in, planned dates (not by me)
Surprising me with flowers, jewelry, anything?
Offering to massage my back without me asking
etc.

I'll admit I got caught up in the "romanticized relationship"
That probably doesn't exist in real life
Which is why it was perfect timing for me to find this article:

I cried.
The ENTIRE time.

How selfish of me to think that every time Robert took out the trash
And every time he cleaned up the dishes from dinner
or made me dinner
Or rubbed my feet
Or went to a store he didn't want to
wasn't romance.

My favorite quote was:

"There are Fridays. And the quiet romantics who will take out the garbage without fanfare. There will be the unimaginative calendar by the fridge, with all it’s scribbled squares of two lives being made one. The toilet seat will be left predictably up. The sink will be resigned to its load of last night’s dishes."

The toilet seat will always be left up
That doesn't mean my husband doesn't love me
Or that he's doing it to be spiteful.
It means he's a man.
And it happens.

Love isn't youtube proposal videos with a million likes
Its the day to day "boring" life
And still being in love
And still wanting to be there to carry them from the tub and pull up their depends.

Cheers to that.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts