Birthday Week

Monday, February 17, 2014

I consider the entire month of February 
and some days in March because February got screwed
my birthday month
And while I usually celebrate the whole month 
 I've reserved myself to just a week this year. And what a week its been.

Wednesday marked a snow day.


I got to sit around and eat snow cream and not go to class...
In other news we realized that our town home is missing its shutters.
Now that you look, you notice it too, don't you?

Thursday was spent cleaning and such
And Friday was of course Valentine's Day.


I cleaned off our table enough to have a nice meal:
Filet marinated in Chipotle Olive Oil and Mango Balsamic, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Chipotle garlic asparagus.
I also got to use my wedding china, 7 months later.

On Saturday Robert and I did the MAD dash to clean our house
Roger and Meagan came up from New Bern
And we went to Humble Pie, a restaurant in Raleigh I've never been.


It was supposed to be a surprise but Robert did his Robert thing and accidentally made the event public on Facebook.
It's okay, I like to know things.
I also recommend the lemongrass pork wraps. 
Amazing.

Everyone came over afterwards and we got to host our first get together in our new house!
I even stayed up until 2:30AM. 
I don't recommend that.

Sunday I actually had to go to my old Roomie's apt to do Laundry
(I still don't have a functional dryer)
And when I got back Robert had booked us a cruise for our anniversary!
Bahamas here we come...

Then today I get an email that our wedding and engagement photos were published on two different websites:

Which is all pretty cool. 
And theres still two days left of my birthday week.
The rest of 23 was pretty cool but this week has been the icing on the cake.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts