Confessional Friday

Saturday, February 08, 2014

One of the biggest things I've missed about my lack of blogging
Are the confessional friday posts!
It's really cool to get to know other people in this way
So it's even more cool that Confessional Friday is doing a "getting to know you" segment.


I missed last week so a brief history:
My name is Kasi (pronounced K.C. for those of you struggling to read that). 
I grew up in eastern NC. and loved it.
I didn't know it at the time but I met my future husband in first grade.
My parent's got divorced when I was 13- and it was the best thing that happened to our family (no. really. we are all so much closer now. If you knew my parent's you'd get it).
I started dating Robert when I was 17.
We adopted a cat- Miss Kitty who tragically died a few months later.
We rescued two cats from the pound (Hammy and Princess) and I got a horse (Kobe).
I graduated high school and we spent a year being 2 hours away. It may not be the things that long distance nightmares are made of but it was awful for us.
I adopted two more cats (Optimus Prime and Mortimor) the summer between freshman year and sophomore. 
He came to state in 2009.
He proposed May 2012.
We graduated in December 2012.
I started my masters in January 2013.
We got married July 2013.
Bought a house in January 2014.
I have the rest of this semester and one more before I graduate.

so back to this weeks confessional

1. What's your middle name?

Lynn. It was my grandfather's name. 
He passed before I was born.

2. If you could live anywhere else in the world where would you live?

I'm actually pretty happy where I'm at (Raleigh), but if I moved anywhere else it would be closer to the beach and maybe more south. I love warm weather. 

3. Tell us about your guilty pleasures.

I buy the Valentine's boxes of candy when they go on sale. Girl Scout cookies (caramel delights). Keeping up with the Kardashians (don't pretend like you don't get a little caught up too). Pretty Little Liars. Jumbo Margaritas on special. Long baths. 

4. What do you like best about your job? If you weren't doing that, what career would you have pursued?

Right now my job is to be a student. Hopefully when I finish my masters I will be able to work for a company here in RTP and be involved in process design for pharmaceuticals. If I didn't do that- I would have loved marketing or interior design. 

5. Five items you'd grab during a fire. (People and pets don't count. Those are a given.)

My laptop- I think I could replace all pictures/albums from this
My grandfather's watch
My purse- contains all essentials/ keys to car/ way to pay for hotel since my house is on fire.
My grandmother's quilt
My wedding dress


6. Marathon running...something you'd like to pursue or just plain crazy?

I don't think I would do a marathon. I enjoyed running when I actually trained for it but I don't think I would like 26.2 miles of it. I'm kinda more into the fun 5Ks.



7. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Filet Mignon, Garlic mashed potatoes, baked asparagus, and 8 layer chocolate cake.

8. Last person you spoke to...annnnnd....go!

My husband.

9. Favorite childhood toy

I mostly played outside and built forts so this is a tough one. 
I'd have to say my jasmine barbie doll.
I found it as a gift that my dad was going to give me but I just couldn't wait for it. 
I traded an entire month of allowance so that I could get the doll early. 
Was it worth it? Not exactly but the doll taught me a good lesson about delayed gratification. 
And I still have it.

10. Breakfast cereal of choice
Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Errrrydayy, all day.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts