Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Raise your hand if your new year's resolution is to be more healthy, lose weight, eat better, or anything related to one of those three! 
If you raised your hand you will love this delicious salad!
This is one of my favorite go to recipes for parties because it has tons of flavor
But is actually super healthy
(you can even leave out the cheese for a good old vegan version).
It's really fast and easy to make in a jam too.
This recipe is loosely based off of two other recipes I found on Pinterest 
But I blend them and add my own ingredients!



A close up of all the veggie goodness:


Ingredients:
1 tbsp of Chipotle Infused Olive Oil (or more to taste)
~3 Cans of Corn, frozen will work as well
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Avocado, Chopped
Mozzarella Pearls (or cubed Mozzarella) is preferred but any cheese will do, within reason (the picture shows a longhorn colby cheese because I forgot to buy mozzarella, oops)
Salt and Pepper to Taste 

Optional Ingredients:
Lime juice to taste
White Balsamic Vinegar (Jalapeño or Mango infused has worked well for me)
1 Scallion, minced
Sugar if desired

Directions:
Combine everything together and eat it.



I will note that I like to use certain corn to give it a little more flavor:



I like any can of corn that has multi colored corn kernels inside and the Fire Roasted blend on the right gives it a little extra kick to compliment the Chipotle Olive Oil and Jalapeño White Balsamic I used tonight shown below:


This can be refrigerated and kept for a day or so but if you add avocado please note it will turn brownish.
You can eat it by itself, with chips as a salsa, or on a salad!

Hope you enjoy!

Xo, Kasi

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts