Eggnog Sugar Cookies

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Every year, I try to make homemade gifts for my friends, family, and coworkers.
Part of that "handmade" usually includes a variety of cookies.
This year I tried some new recipes that made it into my recipe book
only very special, I'm going to have this again type recipes end up in the book
My favorite by far this year was the Eggnog Sugar Cookies!

I had to borrow the image from Jen's Favorite Cookies because it's just too perfect…


Also I'm definitely one of those people who can make something delicious but not always pretty!



Ingredients
¾ cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
⅔ cup prepared eggnog (store-bought)
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. nutmeg
3 cups flour
FROSTING:
6 T. prepared eggnog
2½ cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. nutmeg

Instructions

1. Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, eggnog, and vanilla, and mix well.

2. Add salt, soda, and nutmeg and mix well. Add flour and mix until combined. It should form a very soft dough.

3. Drop spoonfuls onto a lined baking sheet. (*see notes) Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, until lightly brown. Let cool before frosting.

4. For frosting, combine all ingredients, mixing until smooth. Frost cooled cookies, and store between layers of wax paper or parchment paper.


Notes

The kind of eggnog you purchase at the store is much different from the homemade variety. For this recipe, be sure you are using store-bought prepared eggnog in both the cookie and the frosting.

These cookies are cakey and the dough is quite soft. I recommend lining your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat, to avoid sticking.


I actually tried to use foil instead of parchment paper because I ran out and the bottoms of those of those got burnt so maybe you should listen to the lady! 


What are your favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes?

xo, Kasi 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts