Young Harris, GA

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Well, Mo did a great job with his guest post.
That little guy is the best
Can't wait to see him next weekend

And speaking of weekends I spent mine in Georgia.
And a little bit of NC.
My Aunt has a cottage in Young Harris, GA that we stayed at.
It was gorgeous.

We left Raleigh at 3 so we made it to the actual mountains at dark.
To see this ominous floating cross...


We never figured out how that cross was up there
I mean seriously, theres no light shining on anything around it
So what is holding it up?!?!?

Well we made it around 11.
Drank a root beer (or wine if you were my dad and aunt)
And went to sleep.

Woke up to this amazing view outside the front door.


We basically ate breakfast from 9:00-11:30
Its lucky my jeans stretched with me
I (of course) didn't bring my phone for the next part 
But we saw my Aunt and Uncles new house 
(4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 3 floors, and a wonderful view)


And a mountain trip wouldn't be normal without Mexican food
huh?!?
Doesn't matter, it was delicious.


Then we went to the Folk Art School in NC and saw some music!
That man had a time let me tell you.
He may or may not have been really drunk.



And of course we spent every night at about 9PM eating cheese, crackers, and grapes.


Woke up Saturday to a short breakfast
And a tour of Crane Creek Winery




Drove a short distance to play put-put.
And had an amazing dinner next door at Rib Country.



Evan and I split the platter for two a small village
By this point I'm sure you're wondering how I still have pants that fit.
Me too.
I've been wearing leggings.


Accidentally found an old car show...


More cheese, crackers, grapes
Then Bed.

Then we got up this morning, had breakfast, and drove home.
It's about a 6 hour drive to Raleigh
But there was a lot to look at along the way 


I capped the night off with another Walking Dead viewing with some of the New Bern family
And some brownies that Mrs. Greene made 
yummmmmmm

And now I have some emails to send out and then it will be time for bed again.
And I'm really pumped because Taylor Swift's new CD comes out TOMORROW!

Anyway, that was my weekend it a lot of summary and even more pictures.

Here's to another good weekend
And more importantly a great week
(Har har har)

XoXo,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts