Turkey Day

Thursday, November 22, 2012


First of all I love that the holiday is called turkey day
but at the same time I feel like not calling it Thanksgiving
only adds to the fact that people forget what its all about.

I'm the first to admit I am thankful for thanksgiving
because of the yummy food
The break from school right before the home stretch
and the fact that it's now acceptable to put up the Christmas tree

But instead of focusing on getting in line early for black friday
(don't even get me started on how irritating it is that some stores open at 8 today for black friday specials- hello, Christmas has been taking over target since October 31 at least let Thanksgiving have a DAY of glory...)
and food and trees and presents
we should focus on all the things we are grateful for today.
Like family, friends, and health.

So today I am thankful for...

1. Today marks the 1/2 way point of my dad's treatments. At this point his doctors would be okay if he stops and he only has ~26 weeks left! ALL of his scans have been clean. I am still so grateful that by chance his doctor told him to remove a mole that didn't even look abnormal from the outside. It saved his life.

2. I am thankful for this little email I got yesterday that told me "hey, you aren't as dumb as you've been feeling the last 4 years. please come to graduate school" YEP that's right, this girl got into grad school!


3. I am thankful for the sweet baby boy that took time to come cuddle me this morning. Theres nothing like being woken up by the purrs of a cat. Even if he did poke me in the face every time I closed my eyes. 

4. I am thankful for all the love an support that I have from my friends, family, as well as my future family. I hear all these horror stories about not meshing well with the family you marry into... not the case at all. I am so blessed.

5. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head, food on the table, and people (and kittens) that love me unconditionally.

6. I am thankful that in a few short weeks my undergraduate college career will be over!

7. I am thankful that my dad paid my car insurance for another 6 months because I'm probably going to be pretty broke for the next few years...


Well I could go on forever and ever but I just feel so incredibly blessed to have the life I do. 
I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Lots of love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts